Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pond Thaw

This is significant. It is April 9th, nearly the 10th since it's after 8pm. On my way home tonight after work I can finally say our pond is finally free of ice. I think maybe there was one small spot left, but it may have just been leaves or the reflection. Last year the pond was thawed by the middle of March, which shows just how much colder this winter has been. They were boiling at the sugar house when I passed it too, and I'm pretty sure they collected for the last time. Bucket washing will probably be next weekend, but I do have to work bot Saturday and Sunday. The temperatures have climbed into the 60's today and tomorrow, and maybe 70 on Monday, and today was mostly sunny, but we do have some rain in the forecast. It does feel like Spring is coming now.

My daughter and son-in-law and two granddaughters left for their yearly 2 weeks in Cabo San Lucas. I hope they survivied the plane ride and are happily enjoying the sun and warmth. They have time share there and return every April to the place they actually got married three years ago. It was a beautiful wedding, just like the one up here in Middlebury last year. Its exciting seeing them start their lives just like we started ours so many years ago. They have everything ahead of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment