Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Early to Bed...

Its 9:28pm on a warm, breezy evening, and the house is as quiet as a mouse. Everyone has gone to bed. The dogs are sleeping out on the cool patio, my husband went up to bed about half an hour ago (he has one of those lousy, summer head colds) and my daughter and two granddaughters who have been here for 5 days now all go to bed about 8 o'clock. The two little ones wouldn't last much longer, both of them still wake up several times during the night, or in the early morning hours. And its just easier for my daughter to go to bed with them, although she lays up there and reads until she falls asleep. So, its either the computer, or the tv.

It has been a great week, although tiring! The two little girls are 2 1/2 and 7 months old, so it is quite a challenge keeping track of both of them, keeping both fed, cleaned, and satisfied, and entertaining them, especially the 2 year old. She plays wonderfully, but, typically, has the whiney times when she fights for some independence. We have kept fairly busy with breakfasts out, walks, playing with toys and a tent, eating, going swimming at the neighbors' pool, going to the playground, today we went to them mall. The days seem like they will be long, but then before we know it, its time for dinner, baths and books and bed. Their last full day is tomorrow, then we'll drive them back to the airport in Manchester, NH so they can
catch their Southwest flight non-stop back to Baltimore. Two best things so far: having my granddaughter run to me with a big hug and kiss at the airport (yes, there were tears in my eyes), and two days later saying "I love Mimi's house, Mommy!" Today, while we were walking the dogs, I thought she said "You're my best friend", but no, she was saying the dogs were her best friends! The weather has been just about a little bit of everything, but yesterday was a perfect 82 degrees, and today has been breezy, but nice outside. I will post a picture as soon as I get them downloaded to my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment