Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Boy, oh BOY!

I have worked my first week at my new job, and it is going really well. "I think I'm going to like it here!" There are still a few things that I don't feel real confidant about, and I guess I will figure those out tomorrow when I work by myself all day. Things like getting in without setting off the alarm, opening the register-only once, rather than the two times I have become known for, placing the orders for cast and pewter and faxing over the time sheets so everyone gets paid. Little things...But so much less than I know the new manager of the maternity store has to deal with tomorrow. I'm sure I'll manage, and in no time it will feel like I was crazy to ever feel like it was a lot to learn. The little bit longer drive isn't too bad, I just have to plan about an extra 10 minutes, but now that I will be the first one in, I'm not quite as concerned. And I still have things like engraving and orders and all the products to completely grasp, but they'll come. At not point last week did I sit back and question my decision to change jobs, or wish I was back in the mall. Its all good, I know that much. Funny, yesterday I was reading some of the entries I had made in a journal I started nearly 10 years ago (I rarely write in it, only a few times a year) and nearly every one I wrote since March of 2009 commented on how unsure I was with the maternity job, how it was going and the conflicts with the assistant manager at the time, Jess. Most of that ended last year after she left, but I think there was still mention of doubts. So I think this is a much better fit for me. It would be great to keep this job for a very long time so I don't have to go thru all of these changes again, and I can see myself doing that. The only thing that would get me to change again would be for something fantastic right in Swanton or St. Albans again. But, for now, this is perfect.
And one more note, since this blog is supposed to be about being a distant grandparent...We have our first GRANDSON on his way! He should arrive sometime in early September, the due date is the 9th. We are so excited. It is funny to think of a little boy running around here. I'll have to keep a look-out for some trucks and trains to go with the pink balls and dolls we already have. But some things I have kept generic like puzzles and markers and such. It will be wonderful, and we are looking forward to meeting the little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment