Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Meet My New Grandson!


Late Thursday night, September 6th, a beautiful baby boy entered this world and brought joy and love to all who were awaiting his arrival! We weren't really waiting a long while, since he wasn't actually due until today, but it was a long wait once we knew his mommy and daddy were on their way to the birthing center. He is just the cutest ever, and I am so very excited to meet him in 3 loooong weeks! I can't believe I have to wait until then, which is when I have those required plane tickets. I feel like I am really needed down there right now to help with cooking and rocking and walking the floor during the night and letting the new mom maybe get more than an hour of sleep at a time. But I know they will somehow make it thru these early weeks. I seem to remember many nights walking the floor of our teeny tiny apartment when my first daughter was born. I think there were many times I was crying about as much as she was, falling asleep out in the chair in the living room, just wishing she would go back to sleep for awhile. Eventually some kind of routine begins to emerge and those early weeks pass into a few months, and things start to seem more normal again. And somehow this wonderful new family emerges and you wonder how you ever lived without this special little person by your side.

This morning we went out to breakfast at our regular My-T-Fine Restaurant, and showed his picture to everyone there, and their first question, seeing it was a boy, was "How did that happen?" Boys aren't a common item in this family! I am from a family of 5 girls, have 3 girls of my own, 2 granddaughters, and a third granddaughter on the way in December. One of my sisters has a son, and he has a daughter. The other sister has 2 girls, and on grandson. So this little guy is something new around here, and it will be so much fun getting to know and spend time with him. I think his first trip up here will be at Christmas, which will be great. But, for now, I can hardly wait to fly down there in 20 days! I hope I'm still needed!

And before I close for today, here are a few Mighty Maple photos:

Mighty Maple on September 8th
 
This one hardly shows any color. It was very overcast yesterday, and you can't really see any leaves changing at all. We ended up with some huge storms in the afternoon, then it cleared up overnight. So I took another picture today:
Mighty Maple on September 9th
 
Still can't see too much. Most of the changes are happening right where that slight split is on the upper left side. But I did get a little close-up of a branch on the far left:
Wait 'till you see how the color spreads! It will be magnificent! Our low tonight is in the mid-40's, our coldest in a long while. The high tomorrow is only in the low 60's, then back to 40 tomorrow night. The colors always seem to change faster when the nights get colder, even if the shorter hours of daylight are what really affects it the most.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment