Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Flowers For Mother's Day!

Had to share the beautiful bouquet of flowers that I received for Mother's Day this year from my granddaughters:


I smile every time I look at them. It's been a wonderful day. Had breakfast at our normal place and all of the regulars were there. Lots of chatting with people we only know because of eating there on Sunday mornings, and people we know from the neighborhood sugar house. I baked a cake, did some wash, talked on the phone, and we went for an afternoon creemee (mine was pistachio) even though it was cloudy and chilly out and we sat in the car and ate it! Now I'm going to make a new kind of pizza for dinner right after I take the dogs out, and relax the rest of the day. 

And I will always remember the Mother's Day story that a customer shared with me last week about buying herself the dragonfly necklace. She and her son had visited one of our stores and she fell in love with a dragonfly pin that day and bought it. Unknown to her, her son picked up the pair of matching earrings for her for Christmas.  A few months later he came again to visit and brought with him all of the Christmas presents because he wasn't sure he would be able to make it home for the holidays that year. Two months later he died, and his mother (my customer) couldn't even open the gifts that year. The next year she decided to open one each year as her way of sharing Christmas with her son, and the gift she opened this past year was the pair of dragonfly earrings. She remembered that we also had a necklace to match them, so she came in and bought it as her Mother's Day present for herself, because that's what she has to do now, and she feels her son would want her to do it. We both had tears in our eyes when she finished telling me about it, and I felt honored that she shared it with me. It makes me cherish my wonderful daughters and grandchildren even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment