Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

Cleveland

 A garden is a community where difference is neither exploited or excluded but celebrated as a divine gift necessary for wholeness.


I found this quote on a railing in the Cleveland Botanical Gardens. This was the first place I headed on Wednesday morning on my little walking tour of the area we are staying at. It was a great place to wander on a warm, sunny morning. Throughout the gardens they had incorporated Lego statues, like this giant one of a hummingbird and flower made completely out of regular sized Legos:

It was fun, and I really enjoyed a nice, leisurely walk. I kept thinking that my grandson would have loved walking thru it too, with lots of places to see, places to play, even a Waterfall Garden I think he would have liked to visit.

Yesterday, I headed to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History, and spent most of the day there because they had a show at the planetarium I thought I would go to, and that wasn't until 2:30 in the afternoon. The morning one was Big Bird's Space Journey, but I opted out of that one. Walking thru all of the exhibits, I pretty much realized that I have, during my lifetime, seen just about all of it in one museum or another-dinosaurs, minerals, rocks, stars, how the earth formed, etc.

But, every museum has something to draw people to it, and I went there to see "Lucy!"

  

Of course I had heard about her, so it was exciting to actually see it in person. They also had a moon rock there, but I know I have seen moon rocks at other museums, probably the National History Museum in DC.

Today will be my last day in Cleveland. The sun is just starting to come out, so I think I will head over to the Art Museum and journey thru there for a few hours. Nothing special is drawing me there, but the building is fabulous, so it should make for a nice morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment