Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Birthdays

My Birthday was yesterday. It was no big deal, as birthdays seem to be once you get past the age of say, 21. Its hard to remember birthdays from year to year since I normally don't do anything noteworthy. Maybe that should be something I should think about doing, planning something unique on my birthday so I can actually remember it. My fault really. All I did was do my normal, Thursday day off stuff like grocery shopping, an errand here and there, got my car washed. That was noteworthy because it was soooo filthy from all the salt muck on the roads, and here in Vermont, you just don't go thru a car wash when the temperature is 8 degrees, or your locks and doors and trunk will freeze shut and you will either not be able to get into your car, or possibly even, not be able to get out of your car! So it felt really good to have a clean car especially since I don't work for 3 more days which means it will stay nice and salt free in the garage until then.

Next year I will try to think of some way to celebrate it for just me, something I can remember, something that will mean more to me when I end the day and look back on it before I go to sleep.  

Here is a picture of my granddaughter after she blew out the candle on her second birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment