Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Stay at Johns Hopkins Hospital


Isn't this just the saddest sight? My dear, sweet, 4 week old granddaughter, whom I haven't even held in my arms yet, hospitalized in the NICU at John Hopkins hospital in Baltimore. She was admitted Sunday afternoon because she has a respiratory infection, bronchitis, something called RSV. She would cough so hard she couldn't get her breath, and was actually turning blue. It has been a scary few days. She had oxygen, an IV, fluids going in and monitors on her. It was hard being so far away, not knowing if we should try to make it down there to be close. But she seemed to start getting better by the next morning, and even though she still was having bad spells off and on, things were going okay. Then this morning we got this picture:


All wires and tubes removed, and waiting patiently to be discharged. She is at home tonight, still rather tired, but I am sure her sisters are happy to have her back, and to have their mommy home again too. She stayed the two days in the hospital, of course. We are planning to go down to see everyone next week. It won't be a long trip, but we'll have 3 days to enjoy all 4 of the grandchildren. It should be a great time. 

Now I just need to finish interviewing, hire someone new, and train her in the next week so she is ready to fill in for me while I'm gone. The interviews are going well. Out of the 4 I have interviewed, I really like 2, to the point that I'm not sure which one will win out. I have 2 more interviews tomorrow, then I need to make my decision. Three of the four I have already met have already graduated from college, and don't have regular, full time jobs yet. One from Middlebury College with a degree in Anthropology, one from Norwich with a degree in Civil Engineering, and one from Mt. Holy Oak, with a degree in Sustainable Energy, or something like that. It's rather shocking that all three are willing to take a $9.00 job working 8-10 hours a week. It should be interesting.I hope I pick the best one!

1 comment: