Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Happy Holiday Weekend

Early Friday morning we packed the car and the two dogs, and headed south to Maryland to visit with all the grandchildren, and especially to meet the newest member who was sick and in the hospital during the last post. I am happy to report that she is doing great, and is such a tiny little cutie. I loved the times I was able to hold her while she slept soundly in my arms.
The newest, tiny addition.

She really is so sweet. And I had a wonderful time playing with her two older sisters who are 2 and 4 years old. We read and jumped on our bed and played in the bath and colored and pretended we were all kinds of people. They have such imaginations at this age. Here they are in our bed after they have tired of jumping on it:

Two little angel (sometimes) faces!

They are quite adorable also. And...I also got to spend lots of time with my wonderful grandson. He is at that super fun age of 4 and 1/2 months; plenty of smiles and giggles and these amazing squeals that melt your heart. And then he would fall asleep quietly in my arms too. That is the best.
This little guy has the best smile ever!

Then, after a great 3 days, we once again packed up the car, and headed back north to home. The drive both ways went very well and we had very little traffic tie-ups at all. But it was hard leaving, as always. Along the way I kept hearing little voices saying my name, or wanting me to do something, or crying softly. I love visiting with everyone down there, I love those first moments of seeing them and that settled in feeling that comes so quickly now, and even the sad period when we know we have to leave. I think of all my parents missed because they didn't visit us in our own house to have those experiences to share. And I think of the memories still ahead of us that we will share in the years to come. I know that after being down there I often think of what it would be like if we hadn't moved up to Vermont 7 years ago and how it would be if we were part of their everyday lives. But I also think and hope that we are creating some special memories that they will look back on someday and remember with joy and love. And, just maybe, that is what it is all about...

No comments:

Post a Comment