Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

A Winter Festival




Church Street Winter Festival

This past weekend was the Winter Festival on Church Street in Burlington. I didn't actually stay late to see what the street looked like completely lit up, but I copied this photo from a newsletter we get from Market Street. It was really pretty and a lot was going on: the Polar Plunge into the lake on Saturday, a dance on the street, an outdoor market, and ice sculptures:



These were the two outside the restaurant next door to my store. If you look closely you can see the green building to the right of the sculptures. That is Danforth Pewter where I work. We are always in a great location for the activities on the street. It was a busy, busy day for us in the store, and we had a lot of fun. 

Here is a picture I took right before I left on Saturday:

It's just not dark enough to get the full feeling for what it looked like, but that also means that as I leave now at 5pm, it is still fairly light outside. Today the sky was even a wee bit light as I got off the interstate. That means the days are really getting longer. Anyway, it was pretty down on Church Street. Lights everywhere, and big, colorful balls of lights in the trees. It was chilly cold, only about 10 degrees when they started jumping in the lake. It is done to benefit Special Olympics. And one more picture from work before I forget. This is what I found taped to our door when I came back to work after our trip down to Maryland:
Isn't that cute? And, I hear that there are only a very few stores that were honored with this "Love Bomb!" It was a fun way to start that day, and I have left the sign up. I'll probably take it down after Valentine's Day.

Yesterday was the Superbowl, and the Baltimore Ravens won. It was fun to watch because we still feel the connection to the city. Here are what the grandchildren looked like;

All ready for the big game. But since it didn't end until nearly 11pm, I can't imagine any of these smiling faces were awake for the last play! It was a fun weekend. Now, the new week has begun, one day is complete, and it looks like it will be a week to continue getting caught up in the store. Tonight the low is -5, so that will mean a very quiet start to Tuesday.  No one seems to like to wander around outside when its soooo cold! Off to bed now, the morning will be here before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment