Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Last Lingering Leaves

On my way to work this morning I snapped what will probably be my last photo of our maple tree:

Mighty Maple October 21, 2012
 
 
As you can see, he is pretty much bare now. Just a few leaves remain on the very bottom branches. They will probably be gone in the next few days, and there will not be any difference in the photos until the first snowfall coats the branches in white. If I remember, I will take a picture that day and post it. It is always a beautiful site when that happens for the first time. It is even pretty when it happens for the fifteenth time, especially if it is a big, wet snow that clings to each and every branch. I cannot believe that next week will see the first days of November creep their way onto the calendar.
 
Before we venture into a new month, I received this wonderful picture of my adorable grandson yesterday:
 


Oh my gosh, he is smiling! Isn't he just the cutest? I miss him, he looks like he is growing up way too fast. Okay, okay, he is just a few days over 6 weeks old, but still... I had such a great time with him and his mommy and daddy for those 10 days. At that point I had been with him for nearly a quarter of his life, and I saw lots of changes in that short time. What fun. It's hard sometimes being so far away, but I know they will do well. I can hardly wait to see him again at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment