Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Weeks Go By

I'm late.
I know I'm late posting my Maple Tree photos, so here are some catch-ups:


Mighty Maple October 11, 2012


Mighty Maple October 10, 2012








Mighty Maple October 10, 2012


You probably notice that there is a gap in the dates of the pictures. I started out taking them each Saturday morning on my way to work. It went well. Then the weather changed and I had a cloudy day, when the changing colors of the tree just doesn't seem as vibrant. And then, on September 29th, I flew down to Maryland with my daughter and granddaughters to meet my new grandson. I was gone for 10 days, and for some reason the leaves just kept changing colors and falling from the tree! When I came back, the tree looked like the pictures above. However, this is what it looked like just before I left:






Mighty Maple September 28, 2012





Mighty Maple September 22, 2012
Amazing what a week and a half will do at this time of year. There are still many trees that are yellow and orange and beautiful looking. But on my way home tonight I can see that the hills are nearly void of color now, and most look that rusty shade right before the leaves really come down. Soon most of the trees will be completely bare, waiting for that first dusting (or dumping!) of snow. Some areas towards the mountains did have snow flurries last Friday, and there was visible white up on the mountain tops. Even Swanton had snow for about 45 minutes, although I was at work and saw no signs of it in Burlington or when I came home. No worry, the season has not even begun, and I know there will be plenty of opportunity to see the world covered in that pristine blanket.

 
 
Of course I can't end this post without inserting my favorite photos of those wonderful grandchildren of mine. First the girls:


And then the newest little guy:


 
 
It was so much fun having a short visit with the girls up here, then traveling down there to spend the 10 days with my other daughter and her son. I love the special time right after a new little one joins this world. Everything is centered around every possible thing he could need or do, and each day brings another journey. Holding that sleeping boy in my arms for hours at a time is such a warm, wonderful feeling. It was hard to leave. It was hard to say goodbye. It was hard to put all those miles between us, and not feel that tug of guilt at being so far away. But I know they will all be okay. I know those little children are in the very best hands possible. And I know that I will love and miss them each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment